February 26, 2024
About Our Company
Pacific Gas and Electric Company, incorporated in California in 1905, is one of the largest combination natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, the company is a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation.
There are approximately 20,000 employees who carry out Pacific Gas and Electric Company's primary business—the transmission and delivery of energy. The company provides natural gas and electric service to approximately 15 million people throughout a 70,000-square-mile service area in northern and central California.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Vegetation Management (VM) and System Inspection (SI) Process and Organizational Development team initiates, monitors, coordinates and supports process improvement initiatives that have a direct impact on VMSI work efficiency objectives and support VMSI overall strategic plan. The team partners closely with leaders in Vegetation Management and System Inspection Execution, Vegetation Management Quality Control, Risk and Regulatory Compliance, and Quality Verification/Assurance to select and drive relevant projects to greater efficiency and productivity.
Extracts operations data for analysis, leadership support/review and responses to ad hoc data requests. Maintains operations tools & databases to ensure that it is kept up-to-date. Develops, maintains and enhances operational metric database tools for the broader analytics teams. Identifies and solves current gaps in data requirements and ease of access to ensure fast and consistent responses to leadership inquiries.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Manages data management projects from initial request to presenting data results ensuring that the project is completed within budget and on-time.
- DATA PROCESSING: Creates automated data routines and processes for reporting and data delivery ensuring accurate data manipulation and data cleansing.
- DATA EXTRACTS AND FILE TRANSFERS: Manages extracting data and transferring the data from databases to various analysts to support operational analysis efforts.
- DATA ANALYSIS: Analyzes data using various statistical tools to develop ad hoc reports, statistics, trends and visual/spatial presentations.
- REPORTING: Develops and communicates clear, concise and actionable data analyses for clients.
- Manages complex data analysis projects with limited supervision from initial request to presenting data results ensuring that the project is completed on-time and provides insightful analysis.
- Designs data analysis to achieve business objectives, process data, analyze data, write clear and concise data findings and tailor communications to specific audiences. Analyzes data using various statistical tools to develop ad hoc reports, statistics, trends and profiles.
- Manages complex data extracts and list pulls ensuring data accuracy. Manages extracting data and transferring the data from databases to various analysts to support operational analysis efforts
- Creates complex automated data routines and processes for reporting and data delivery ensuring accurate data manipulation and data cleansing.
- Demonstrates and utilizes advanced knowledge of data processing and data analysis techniques.
- Develops and communicates clear, concise and actionable data analyses for clients.
- Provides recommendations to enhance database(s) with new data sources and improved data processes.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business, Computer Science, Engineering or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Job-related experience, 4 years
- Proficient in the use of GIS platforms including AGOL and tools within platform
- Familiarity with utility operations. Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel/Access (complex formulas, graphing, VBA)
- Advanced skill in writing SQL queries using Oracle or Business Objects
- Proficient in UNIX shell programming (csh, awk, sed, vi).
- Solid knowledge of base-SAS and programming language such as Visual Basic, Perl, C
- Strong organizational skills, ability to effectively prioritize work, meet deadlines and work on multiple tasks independently.
- Good communications and presentation skills to deliver findings and make recommendations to stakeholders.
- Project management skills.
What we offer
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area: $102,000.00 - $162,000.00
California: $97,000.00 - $154,000.00
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.