December 5, 2023
About Our Company
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As a Senior People Data Analyst, you will apply qualitative and quantitative analysis, data mining, and data visualization techniques to help shape the people strategy as well as empower our leaders to make better people decisions. While we continue our digital HR transformation journey, we are looking for this role to bring passion and the technical skills around data and insights to allow this vision to come to life. This role will use data to impact key strategic business decisions, and rapidly build solutions to scale People insights throughout the organization.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for delivery of the People Dashboard and other key reports, metrics and dashboards.
- Provide scalable analytics and insights of our people data that will assist in solving complex problems
- Enable our people strategies through high quality, compelling analytics that arm our Leaders with the insights they need to scale our business
- Ensure data quality through documentation and following standard guidelines
- Establish quality assurance of delivered insights and design testing techniques to ensure accurate results are delivered across the business at scale
- Create standard and repeatable work practices via Workday and analytical tools to automate as much data insight reporting as possible
- Partner with key stakeholders to identify the desired outcome they are trying to drive with data, then advise them on the best methods to reach the outcome
- Create specifications for analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements
- Identify patterns and insights from people data to help optimize decision making
- Drive Automation, Data Governance, and Quality of Insights
- Advocate for continuous improvement by identifying clear measures of success and influencing process design to enable more effective data products
Work Hours: This position will require you to be available during core business hours.
What We're Looking For
- Master's degree, specifically related to Computational Social Sciences, Management Sciences, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics or related fields
- 7-10 years of functional and technical knowledge of HR Systems, including deep knowledge of HRIS reporting, security, data management and people analytics best practices
- 3+ years of experience in Data Science, Talent Analytics, Survey Design and Analysis, People Analytics or related fields (human resources, statistics, economics, network science).
- Workday experience in Report Writer, Prism Analytics, dashboards, calculated fields, business objects, data sources, dashboards, and domain security.
- Prior use of business intelligence and analytics tools required; data visualization tools, data manipulation tools, integration tools (APIs), ETL tools, and data storage tools.
- Experience performing data loads and audits of complicated data sets maintaining HRIS business processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to cultivate productive & collaborative relationships to deliver results
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to problem solve by using rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems
- Functional working knowledge of HR and Payroll processes as well as experience in Human Resources technology and tools, including experience with Greenhouse, or other ATS is a plus.
- Experience with Workday Integrations including EIB, Core Connectors and Studio integrations
- Functional expertise with Workday HCM, Advanced Compensation, Talent and Performance, Recruiting
- Has worked with Agile Scrum methodology
Work Location(s) & Travel Requirements
This position is based out of Fastly’s Denver, CO, Los Angeles, CA or San Francisco, CA office. Fastly currently embraces a largely hybrid model for most roles which allows employees flexibility to split their time between the office and home.
This position may require travel as required by your role or requested by your manager.
What we offer
The estimated salary range for this position is $113,220 to $166,500.
Starting salary may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location.
This role may be eligible to participate in Fastly’s equity and discretionary bonus programs.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. Family planning, mental health support along with Employee Assistance Program, Insurance (Life, Disability, and Accident), an open vacation policy and up to 18 days of accrued paid sick leave are there to help support our employees. We also offer 401(k) (including company match) and an Employee Stock Purchase Program. For 2023, we offer 10 paid local holidays, 11 paid company wellness days.