December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Clear skin can be life-changing, but it's not easy to see a dermatologist. At Curology, we provide prescription medications custom-formulated for each patient's skin and shipped directly to their door. We tailor the entire Curology experience specifically for patients with acne and anti-aging concerns, allowing us to provide incredibly personalized, effective and affordable care at scale.
We’ve assembled a committed team of dermatology providers and created a secure online platform, bringing professional acne care and prescription treatment to tens of thousands of people who wouldn’t otherwise be able to access or afford it. Curology helps people see tremendous, long-term improvements previously accessible only to a small percentage of the population. Our formulas are already on tens of thousands of sinks across the US.
Our technology enables 1:1 chats with real dermatology providers and lets users to share their journeys with an engaged and growing community. Members can upload photos and track their progress over SMS, as well as browse and post digital postcards to share victories and encourage others.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are seeking a contagiously curious analytics professional who thrives at the intersection of Product Analytics, Data Science, Product Design, and Growth Marketing. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical, analytical, and product background – with a hunger to optimize product funnels and drive business and user-level insights to guide product strategy.
Additionally, you’ll contribute to our broader data team and company data culture by sharing your learnings, facilitating partnerships with key stakeholders, mentoring junior analysts, and building new capabilities for using data to drive decisions.
In this role, you will
- Use your quantitative analysis and data mining expertise to reveal and communicate user behavior beyond number reporting and focus on understanding how users interact with Curology's set of products and online services.
- Identify and seize opportunities that drive growth: removing barriers for new user onboarding, improve top of the funnel step wise conversion, driving monetization/retention, and unlocking the referral k-factor
- Partner with growth product, design, and engineering teams to conduct project discovery/ shaping and execute on the top impact opportunities; Identify and evaluate the success of product work through OKR setting, forecasting, and health checks of key product metrics
- Build effective dashboards/ frameworks to enable the growth team to monitor and check the health of core business KPIs such as CVR, ARPU, LTV, SPS, AOV, Retention.
- Lead the split testing requirements and read-outs, investigating user behavior hypotheses and identifying data abnormalities.
- Manage growth modeling to inform financial forecasting and planning across 2 product groups: Growth, Monetization.
- Communicate performance, experiment results, data outages, and opportunities to a wide range of stakeholders, from growth team members to executives—influence other teams’ thinking and priorities by providing thought-through analyses and trade-offs.
- Demonstrate leadership by proactively executing projects and initiatives with minimal support and guidance, quickly and with accuracy, and coaching and mentoring other Data team members.
You Will Be Successful If You Have
- 5+ years of Analytics Experience, bonus if this includes 2+ years of management experience
- 2+ years experience working collaboratively with product teams: product management, engineering, design, data science, data engineering, etc.
- Strong expertise in manipulating data sets through statistical software and programming languages (ex. SQL, R, SAS, Python, C++, C, Perl, etc.).
- Nice to have: Experience using Python for data wrangling ,visualization and statistical packages
- Experience in different statistical methods for predictive modeling, framing hypothesis, experimentation principles/AB testing to forecast & communicate results for core business and product KPI’s
- 2+ years experience with product optimization work, for example, app/web funnels optimization, referrals & social features, push notifications/ email optimization, retention products, and LTV modeling.
- Experience with ETL frameworks and define logging needs in partnership with Data Engineering
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or another technical field
- Excellent prioritization and communication skills. Ability to tailor communication across audiences, clearly conveying concepts and insights throughout data story-telling.
What we offer
You Will Love Working At Curology Because
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; flexible spending account; 401k; mental health & wellness programs
- $75 WFH stipend (remote employees)
- Home office setup stipend (remote employees)
- Minimum Time Off policy (unlimited PTO, with at least 3 weeks off) for exempt employees
- 11 company observed holidays
- Additional holidays: Curology days off (1 per quarter), 1 annual floating holiday (employee’s choice), and Gratitude Week (employees take the full week of Thanksgiving off; business critical teams observe different days)
- Paid parental leave
- pre-tax commuter benefits
- Employee donation matching program
- Company-sponsored events
- Free subscription to Curology or Agency
The base salary for this position will be between$140,000 to $180,000 depending on your experience, skillset, and geographic location.