December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Creators everywhere are turning ideas into music with Splice. Pairing an unmatched sounds library with AI software solutions for sound discovery and a first-of-its-kind gear marketplace, Splice is an essential companion for music producers around the world.
Job Description & Responsibilities
THE ROLE: As a Senior Data Analyst embedded in our product team, you will play a central role in shaping the future of Splice by ensuring that decisions about what we build are guided by robust and accurate data insights. In this Senior-level role on a small team, you will be in a pivotal role as a "data translator" whose expertise is tapped to turn product goals into actionable metrics and provide the analytics results to guide key decisions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Collaborate with the product team to offer insights and build reusable or ad hoc data views that influence product strategy, design, and development.
- Translate complex product questions into actionable analytics-driven metrics.
- Design, develop, and maintain dashboards and reports utilizing SQL, Looker, or scripting languages, ensuring real-time visibility into product performance.
- Evaluate the success metrics of product launches, features, and the outcomes of A/B tests.
- Gauge and communicate the business implications of our product decisions to relevant stakeholders.
- Investigate, highlight, and suggest fixes for gaps or errors in our analytics events, and suggest potential additions to amplify product insights.
- Demonstrated experience with BI platforms (e.g. Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik)
- Strong knowledge of statistical concepts including trend analysis, hypothesis testing, and confidence intervals.
- Advanced SQL ability: Must be comfortable with advanced concepts including CTEs, UDFs, and managing query costs across large datasets.
- Basic proficiency in scripting languages such as Python or R to automate tasks and perform advanced analyses.
- Previous experience working within a product organization, with a good grasp of product development dynamics.
NICE TO HAVES:
- As a company that serves musicians and producers, some knowledge of the music-production process is an asset. If this topic is new to you, that's okay—you should be open to learning about it.
What we offer
The national pay range for this role is $132,500 - $157,500. Individual compensation will be commensurated with the candidate's experience.