December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. All Gusto roles posted in these metro areas come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- San Francisco Office Metro: San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, CA & San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA Metropolitan Statistical Areas
- Denver Office Metro: Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area
- New York City Office Metro: New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
Symmetry, Gusto’s subsidiary, has a physical office in Scottsdale. All Symmetry roles posted in this metro area come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- Scottsdale Office Metro: Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Areas
In this role you will work closely with our Data Science, Business Intelligence, Finance, Product and other teams to become an expert in the data for your domain, define and track metrics that help us understand our business performance, and dive deep into our Members data to deliver insights and answer questions. Our Members team focuses on both our employee mobile experiences and financial products such as early wage access, tax advantaged accounts, and personal tax optimization.
Here’s What You’ll Do Day-to-day
- Data Analysis: Collect, clean, and analyze data to extract meaningful insights and identify trends, patterns, and correlations relevant to our business, products and services.
- Reporting and Visualization: Develop and maintain dashboards, reports, and visualizations to effectively communicate key findings and trends to stakeholders.
- Performance Tracking: Monitor and evaluate the performance of our products and services, conducting regular data-driven reviews and providing actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Work hand-in-hand with other members of our Data Team - Data Science, Business Intelligence, and Data Platform - to drive a data informed mindset across the company through education, role modeling,
- Demonstrate a Builder Mindset by being responsive, building and iterating quickly, taking ownership of the data need and opportunities in your area, being curious, and overall producing data products that help the business.
Here’s What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in the financial technology or financial service sector (such as banking, credit cards, or other consumer financial products).
- Experience working with and analyzing complex datasets including QA, querying, summarizing, visualizing and reporting findings.
- Strong SQL skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communicator - able to effectively deliver findings and recommendations to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and compelling fashion
- Data Modeling: Collaborate with the data engineering team to design and implement data models that facilitate data analysis, reporting, and business intelligence needs.
- Data Quality Assurance: Ensure data integrity and accuracy by conducting regular data audits, identifying and resolving data quality issues, and implementing data governance best practices.
- Business Insights: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers and business strategists, to provide data-driven insights and support decision-making processes.
What we offer
Our cash compensation range is $164,000-179,000/yr in Denver & other locations, and $192,000-210,000/yr in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate location, experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.