SmartAsset is an online destination for consumer-focused financial information and advice that powers SmartAdvisor, a national marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors. Reaching approximately 75 million people each month (as of Sept. 2021) through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset's mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ lists of fastest growing companies in 2021, SmartAsset closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.
At SmartAsset you will join an exceptional team of Data Analysts, Data Scientists, and Data Engineers that are at the forefront of AI applications and business decisions for the company.
You will identify opportunities, create roadmaps, plan experiments, and deliver data products that will have an enormous impact on the business from week one.
About the Job:
The Sr. Data Analyst is responsible for driving, coordinating, and executing experiments that lead to actionable insights that affect multiple departments, with a focus on Product/Business. As a result of your analyses, you will provide actionable insights to company leaders so they can make informed data-driven decisions to drive the business. You will be responsible for finding opportunities, defining KPIs, planning experiments, and automating reporting.
As a Sr. Data Analyst you must work with Product and Business stakeholders, and collaborate with Data Scientists. You need to understand the dynamically changing needs of the business to help drive efficiency, have a great attention to details, and an analytical mindset. You will turn advanced statistical analysis into actionable insights.
Skills / Experience You Have:
- 4-8 years of business focused analysis experience in a Data Analyst or Analytical Scientist role.
- Strong Python 3 (Pandas, Numpy, etc.), SQL and Excel skills used in a collaborative working environment
- Strong statistical background (hypothesis testing, p-value, confidence intervals, Bayesian statistic, conjugate priors, …).
- Experience developing and maintaining reports in Tableau or other data visualization tools, and with data warehouses like SnowFlake. Experience with tracking / analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Mixpanel, Optimizely.
- Comfortable with large data sets and interest in building data models for consumer behavior and business metrics.
- MS or Ph.D. in a scientific background (math, physics, chemistry, statistics…) and previous experience in a multidisciplinary working environment
Skills / Experience Preferred:
- Partner with Engineering to optimize data tracking / quality and drive data warehouse improvements. Work closely with business partners to identify and analyze practical solutions through existing or new business systems.
- Working experience with writing production code, and using code versioning tools (git)
- Develop standardized dashboards through deep data analysis and ad hoc reports to inform business decisions, with an emphasis on automation and scalability.
- Design and analyze A/B tests to drive KPI improvements. Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and data visualization to tell the story behind the numbers.
- Conduct the full suite of data analyses to uncover insights about our product and users: Hypothesis Testing, Cohort Analysis, Funnel Analysis, Data/User Segmentation, etc.
- Knowledge of and curiosity to stay current on industry analytical trends.
Available Benefits and Perks:
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote - flexibility to work from anywhere in the contiguous US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance - basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Resource Groups supporting our underrepresented communities
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend