Since 1985, MetroPlusHealth has helped the people of New York City get quality health care at little to no cost. MetroPlusHealth is the plan of choice for over 712,000 New Yorkers, and its commercial and government-sponsored plans meet the needs of individuals, families, and workforces. The MetroPlusHealth staff speaks more than 40 languages and is as diverse as the great City it serves. MetroPlusHealth is part of NYC Health + Hospitals, the nation's largest public health system.
The primary function of the Senior Quality Data Analyst is to support data management functions that operationally and technically support Quality Management Operations activities. The Senior Quality Data Analyst should be able to work independently to develop analytical and operational business solutions. The role requires advanced working knowledge of SQL, MS Access, MS Excel & VBA. This position will function as a developer of internal tracking tools and quality assurance tests and will also conduct ongoing analyses that will support QM operations and QM improvement specialists in identifying target populations and efficient approaches to improve quality scores. The role will also mentor and train staff on all applications and reports developed. The position may also be responsible for duties tied to the development of new programs and initiatives as assigned by the Senior Director of QM Operations.
- Designs, coordinates, and implements analytical business and technology solutions, i.e., MS Access databases, R, SQL programs, Python, Power BI to support QM Operations activities.
- Able to query from large scale databases.
- Executes all regular transaction processes necessary to maintain QM Operations records and databases.
- Perform extracting, importing, and exporting of data in various database applications.
- Provide training to internal and external staff regarding analyses, reports, or other relevant topics.
- Ensure accuracy of all reports.
- Assists in implementation, testing, and validating of supplemental data collected from providers
- Communicate, as needed, with the NYS or city Departments of Health on relevant analyses.
- Performs data reconciliations, ensures that MetroPlus feeds to vendors is vetted and output is thoroughly QA’d.
- Facilitates data exchanges between HEDIS vendor & MetroPlusHealth.
- Performs statistical analyses to identify data anomalies.
- Provides technical mentorship to QM Ops Specialists, Quality Review Leads and Quality Improvement Specialists
- Functions as mid-level escalation support for all applications; Escalate data issues needing process re-engineering.
- Assist in preparation of data reports, training materials, business presentations, publications, marketing collaterals, and other educational materials. Trains staff as necessary.
- Technically and operationally assists in the re-design of the annual hybrid Medical Record Review (MRR) Project.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Director of QM Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in public health, health administration, business administration or information technology preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years programming, application or reporting development experience and analytical experience (SQL, Python, R, SAS etc.).
- Experience using analytics / BI packages (e.g., SAS, R, SQL, Cognos, Business Objects, Power BI) to build client analysis solutions.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access.
- Prefer experience working in the development, analysis, and implementation of information systems in a health-care environment or analyzing public health data, HEDIS/QARR experience preferred.
- Ability to travel within the MetroPlusHealth service area when needed.
- Position requires individual with high degree of accuracy. Must be able to translate theoretical knowledge into practical application.
- Displays strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership ability across all levels coupled with effective problem solving, conceptual thinking, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal presentation as well as data analysis skills required.
- Ability to work independently and multitask to meet deadlines.
- Integrity & Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Written/Oral Communications