December 7, 2023
About Our Company
Adventist Health is a faith-inspired, nonprofit integrated health system serving more than 80 communities on the West Coast and Hawaii with over 400 sites of care. Founded on Adventist heritage and values, Adventist Health provides care in hospitals, clinics, home care agencies, hospice agencies, and joint-venture retirement centers in both rural and urban communities. Our compassionate and talented team of 34,000 includes employees, medical staff physicians, allied health professionals, and volunteers driven in pursuit of one mission; living God's love by inspiring health, wholeness and hope. We are committed to staying true to our heritage by providing patient-centered, quality care. Together, we are transforming the healthcare experience with an innovative whole-person focus on physical, mental, spiritual, and social healing to support community well-being.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Provides technical reporting and data analysis support to the revenue integrity department. Provides reimbursement analysis supporting and offers strategic and technical expertise to identify and improve financial opportunities in revenue cycle.
- Establishes and organizes revenue integrity analyses in order to identify opportunities to improve processes with ongoing tracking, metrics and reports that demonstrate progress and align with regulatory and payer compliance requirements. Develops and implements reporting tools to monitor and improve revenue capture. Identifies charging, coding, or clinical documentation issues and works with revenue integrity teams and ancillary departments to resolve issues and notify appropriate leadership and training staff. Identifies patterns of charging that will increase the propensity for payment of charged services.
- Produces reports and analysis from the Cerner Millennium and other databases. Presents methodology, technical findings, and recommendations in written and visual presentations at the appropriate level of assessment detail. Recommends action items dependent upon intended audience. Ensures reports adhere to department standards for document management including storage, publication, access, and supplementary reference materials.
- Identifies and maintains revenue integrity key performance indicators (KPI) and associated metadata. Reports KPIs to revenue integrity leadership and market staff. Collaborates with executives, directors, and revenue cycle committees at the corporate office and within each market to improve the effectiveness and value of revenue cycle functions.
- Manages specialized projects that support revenue integrity. Develops and maintains project plans including written specifications of tasks, expected timelines, and deliverables consistent with the team deadlines.
- Ensures best practice processes are implemented within functions to eliminate unjustified variation and reduce the cost to collect. Provides mentoring and support to analysts to assist in their development and ability to meet department needs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
- Bachelor's Degree in data science, medical informatics, statistics, economics or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience: Preferred
- Five years' related experience: Preferred
What we offer
The estimated base pay for this position is $77,402 to $116,104. Additional individual compensation may be available for this role through years of experience, differentials, extra shift incentives, bonuses, etc. Base pay is only a portion of the total rewards package, and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.