February 26, 2024
About Our Company
We’re the fastest-growing sports gaming company ever. Our mission is to build innovative games and products for American sports fans.
Founded in 2020, our team built three of today's most widely played fantasy games and successfully launched the largest contest in the history of fantasy sports: a $15M NFL Best Ball tournament -- and there’s a lot more to come!
Underdog’s modern tech environment and in-house product development allow us to continuously deliver the best experiences for our users.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
About the role and why it's unique:
- You will be responsible for analyzing user data to identify trends, patterns, and delivering insights that will inform business strategy and drive business decisions.
- You will develop analytical frameworks, observational analyses, models, features or metrics that leverage the massive scale of Underdog’s user base to understand user behavior, and to optimize the experience at all stages of the user journey.
- You will work closely with the machine learning team to develop advanced analytics solutions that drive business value.
- Analyze business performance and trends, surface actionable insights and recommendations using data visualizations and presentations to a range of stakeholders
- Develop and implement advanced analytical models to drive revenue and assist in informed decision making
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify data needs and develop data-driven solutions and recommendations to make smarter, better, and faster decisions and improve our business
- Monitor our Fantasy business performance and diagnose areas of opportunity
- Assess opportunities to impact product optimization and influence customer behavior
- Deeply understand customer behavior, trends, and drivers of business performance
- Prepare monthly performance, commercial & operational insights to share with leadership
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in business analytics and data science
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, such as in Statistics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, or similarly quantitative field
- 3+ years of analytics experience across data science or business intelligence teams at a consumer software company
- Strong experience with large-scale datasets using SQL
- Proven experience developing and implementing data visualizations and dashboards to communicate insights to stakeholders (e.g. Tableau/Looker)
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms and data warehousing solutions (e.g. BigQuery, Redshift, GCP, AWS)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, thrive in ambiguous environments and get excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them
- Ability to work autonomously and lead initiatives across multiple product areas and communicate findings with leadership and cross functional teams
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to translate complex analyses to non-technical stakeholders
Even better if you have…
- Programming languages such as Python or R
- Applied statistics and mathematics skills: hypothesis testing, regression, classification, optimization, experimental design, or A/B testing, causal inference techniques, econometrics, bayesian and/or frequentist hypothesis testing
- Experience working at a hyper-growth consumer software company
- Demonstrated experience leading analytics projects where your recommendations had an impact on the business
- Current pulse on digital platforms, tools, and trends in media, advertising, gaming, sports entertainment
- Deep and broad knowledge of the measurement ecosystem (e.g., lift testing, multi-touch attribution, app install measurement, reach/audience) and industry trends
- Familiarity with data warehousing, data pipelines, and data governance best practices
What we offer
Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $105,000 and $200,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate.
What we can offer you:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks)
- A $500 home office allowance
- Underdog credits to play on our platform
- A connected virtual first culture with a highly engaged distributed workforce
- 5% 401k match, FSA, company paid health, dental, vision plan options for employees and dependents
Still not sure? Don't take our word for it. See what other people have to say.
- 5.0 rating on Glassdoor and a 100% CEO Approval rating
- A+ culture score on Comparably
- Recognized as Best Place to Work by Front Office Sports
- Recognized by Comparably under the following awards: Best CEOs for Women, Best CEOs for Diversity, Best Company for Career Growth, Best Company in New York, Best Company Outlook