December 5, 2023
About Our Company
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company with a mission to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone.
We are 340,000 colleagues in two distinct and complementary businesses working to help build a modern, high-performing health system through improved access, affordability, outcomes and experiences.
Optum delivers care aided by technology and data, empowering people, partners and providers with the guidance and tools they need to achieve better health. UnitedHealthcare offers a full range of health benefits, enabling affordable coverage, simplifying the health care experience and delivering access to high-quality care.
We work with governments, employers, partners and providers to care for 147 million people and share a vision of a value-based system of care that provides compassionate and equitable care.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission calls us, our values guide us and our diverse culture connects us as we seek to improve care for the consumers we are privileged to serve and their communities.
Job Description & Responsibilities
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Utilize internal and external data to identify opportunities to improve business performance
- Simplify complex data into actionable insights
- Discover and communicate meaningful patterns in data and provide context, insights and analytics
- Lead Enterprise People Analytics projects to streamline reporting solutions and enhance user experience
- Proactive engagement with People Team leaders to track and improve employee-related metrics to measure the return on employee-centered investments
- Support employee survey and listening strategy
- Interpret the results of data analyses and develop appropriate conclusions and recommendations to help guide people strategy and decision-making
- Compile presentations to effectively synthesize and communicate results and implications of data findings and trends
Priorities Will Include
- Enterprise-wide talent development
- Improve adoption & user experience of self-service analytics
- Succession and mobility planning
- Preparation for future growth and promotion of an inclusive and positive work environment
- Employee Listening Analytics
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience using conceptual data analytics to formulate hypotheses, determine assumptions to test, and interpret data / results
- 5+ years of work experience analyzing and interpreting data to provide insights
- 5+ years of consulting experience with customers and influencing leaders
- Experience in dashboard development and data visualization (Tableau, Domo, Power BI, Excel)
- Experience working with large datasets and writing SQL code
- Proven ability to create executive-ready presentations
- Solid data acumen, including the ability to identify trends, anomalies and points requiring additional investigation
- Master’s degree
- Experience working in AGILE environment & tools
- Experience with human resources metrics / measures
- Consulting / client facing / client management experience
- Healthcare industry knowledge
- Expert proficiency in statistical techniques
- Understanding of UnitedHealth Group business
- Solid consultative and communication skills, translating findings into actionable recommendations to leaders
What we offer
The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300.
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.