Coöperatieve Rabobank U.A. is a full-range financial services provider that operates on cooperative principles. Its origins lie in the local loan cooperatives that were founded in the Netherlands nearly 110 years ago by enterprising people who had virtually no access to the capital market.
Rabobank Group is comprised of independent local Rabobanks plus Rabobank Nederland, their umbrella organisation, and a number of specialist subsidiaries. Overall, Rabobank Group has approximately 61,100 employees (in FTEs), who serve about 10 million customers in 47 countries.
Work within the Risk domain and with our stakeholders across the company to create efficiencies and value-added reporting, analytics, and automation solutions with the Microsoft Power Platform.
Our Shared Future
“The Risk Data Analyst position is a challenging but rewarding position. Our team is successful because we take pride in our work and accomplishments." – Enterpriser Risk Management Team
You and Your Job:
The role is within the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) function for Rabobank North America, as part of the Risk Governance and Reporting team. As a Risk Data Analyst, you will be successful if you are able to proactively partner with our team's stakeholders and find opportunities to add value and efficiency. You will be expected to be an active participant in understanding our stakeholders' problems and bring your own ideas, using both your business and technical knowledge, about how to create the best solution to add value.
The Risk Governance and Reporting team’s role is to build and maintain reporting, analytics, automation, and process improvements / solutions for the Chief Risk Officer of North America their stakeholders. This role is expected to work with these teams to understand their business problems and brainstorm / “problem solve” solutions with the tools available to our team to add value and efficiency for the company. Typically, these solutions are built and delivered via Microsoft’s Power Platform (e.g. Power BI, Power Apps, and Power Automate) and Microsoft O365.
- Build new and maintain existing Power BI reports/dashboards that support the Risk domain including Credit Risk, Financial Restructuring, Loan Review, and Stress Testing groups. This requires collaboration with end users to elicit business requirements for reporting and dashboard design and translate these requirements into technical specifications. Conduct structured walk throughs of requirements with business and project team members.
- Build new and maintain existing Power BI data models including creating hierarchies, calculated measures/columns, and Row Level Security (RLS).
- Build new and maintain existing Power BI dataflows.
- Build new and maintain existing flows in Power Automate.
- Build new and maintain existing Excel models using Power Query.
- Create and maintain documentation and mappings supporting all produced content (e.g. data models, dataflows, Excel models, reports, etc.)
- Work with data owners to fully document each data element, e.g. source, adjustments (if any), reconciliation to books and records (if applicable)
- Participate in special projects, ongoing automation enhancements, and ad-hoc requests, ensuring consistent, accurate representation of data.
- Timely escalation of data quality issues
- Manage Data Maturity compliance for the Enterprise Risk Management Group
Your Promise to Us:
To be considered for the Risk Data Analyst role, you must have:
- Ability to work well with individuals remotely via email and Teams.
- Ability to rapidly learn on the job from coworkers, external sources, and self-teaching.
- Ability to be self-motivated, self-starter, self-manager.
- Experience building reports with BI tools including, but not limited to: Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, etc.
- Experience prepping data with either enterprise or self-service data integration tools including, but not limited to, Power BI Dataflows/Power Query, Alteryx, Informatica, SSIS, etc.
- Knowledge of basic data modelling principles.
- 2-3 years in a technical / analytical role.
- Demonstrated ability to produce value added reporting / automation.
Rabobank embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to always create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectation so four clients and customers.
We view your well-being as much more than a paycheck. We continually evaluate and evolve our benefit offerings to be comprehensive, competitive and to give you the options and the flexibility you need. We focus our employee benefits on three main components:
- Physical Well-Being includes our commitment to your Health and Wellness. Medical, Dental and Vision plan coverages are effective on your date of hire. Rabo offers multiple plan options and a full network of providers to best meet your needs.
- Financial Well-Being provides for your Retirement + Savings + Security. We love seeing your retirement plan balance grow just as much as you do! That’s why you can start participating in the 401(k) plan on your date of hire. Plus we match 50% of the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k) plan for US Employees. Rabo also contributes an additional 3% of your eligible pay in Safe Harbor contribution and up to 3% in annual Discretionary Profit Sharing contributions.
- Emotional Well-Being ensures your Work + Life balance. We offer a generous paid time off program to full time employees: up to 20 days of vacation time, 5 days of additional time off plus 7 sick days and 11 US holidays annually (based on hire date during the calendar year). In addition, Growing a Better World Together requires wanting the best for our employees and their families and our communities. To do that, we offer both the time and financial support to give back to the community through our Dollars for Doers, Helping Hands and Gift Matching programs. (All paid time off is subject to company accrual and carryover policies.)