December 7, 2023
About Our Company
LeadsOnline serves more than 70,000 investigators at 5,500 U.S. law-enforcement agencies by providing data, technology and intelligence tools. Investigators and crime analysts with local, state and federal jurisdictions use LeadsOnline data to identify suspects, stolen items and patterns of individual and organized criminal activity. More than 22,000 businesses, such as pawn shops, secondhand stores, scrap-metal recyclers and online marketplaces, use LeadsOnline more than any other system to comply in reporting sales transactions to law enforcement. Ours solutions make it possible for investigators to find connections between missing items or individuals more quickly, which could prove instrumental in solving a homicide or returning stolen property to its rightful owner.
With our acquisition of Forensic Technology, we’re joining forces to provide global law enforcement agencies with enhanced data and tools to advance their cases faster – from thefts to homicides and, particularly, gun crimes. The combined organization is uniquely positioned to create an end-to-end solution for gun crime investigations, so local, federal and international investigators can help victims and their families receive the justice they deserve. The new company’s global employee base of more than 300 brings together differentiated law enforcement and technical expertise to deliver next-generation, post-incident resolution solutions.
Job Description & Responsibilities
LeadsOnline exists to advance cases, careers, causes, and compliance with its unique data, well-designed technology, and exceptional teamwork. We do this through our principles of service, energy, diligence, and persistence. The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for analyzing data from businesses, cases, sales, and user activity to support operational and strategic advancements across the organization.
Your primary focus involves 1) establishing data integrity and efficiencies, 2) building a foundation of performance reporting and data enablement, and 3) analyzing data to support and drive strategic decisions across functional teams within the company (e.g., Product, Sales, Client Support).
With a comprehensive understanding of the business, you keenly identify trends and patterns to form hypotheses and provide recommendations to solve complex problems. You will be the backbone and support engine to enabling our team to work smarter by making data-driven decisions.
The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for:
- Architect and standardize advanced metrics, along with meticulous metric definitions and calculations, fostering a cohesive data interpretation throughout the organization. Thoroughly document metadata where applicable.
- Devise and implement sophisticated systems to consistently scrutinize and validate data completeness and configuration accuracy across multifaceted data sources, such as business transactions, case data, sales activity, and pipeline data.
- Champion the development and curation of optimal practices for the storage, condensation, transmission, and utilization of intricate technical and operational data. This encompasses formulating strategic approaches like generating concise summary tables, constructing robust data feeds and pipelines, crafting efficient stored procedures, and streamlining workflows.
Foundation of Insights:
- Build foundational data structures in support of functional teams across the business to enable continuous awareness into system and operational performance.
- Develop dashboards, tools, and automated reports at scale oriented to a) provide insight into performance and b) provide user-friendly access of the data and insights to non-expert audiences for analysis and manipulation.
- Establish and maintain effective performance tracking; identify improvement opportunities, form hypotheses, and propose, design and implement tests to drive strategy enhancement and optimization
- Partner with functional teams to proactively analyze performance; use analytical techniques to assess data and provide recommendations to improve teams’ operational and strategic approach.
- Analyze data to determine goals and performance thresholds to drive growth; create processes for automating performance insights via dashboard alerts, notifications, etc.
- Provide analytical support for weekly, monthly, and quarterly business insight reviews.
- Serve internal and external customers with diligence, persistence, and energy.
- Initiate and drive special projects such as: critically evaluating user behavior to uncover what drives usage and adoption and help us uncover what our critical success factors should be along the way (e.g., Facebook’s “7 friends in 10 days”).
Who you are:
- Driven, detail-oriented, and highly organized. You work well under pressure and are not afraid of doing hard things.
- You are a strong individual contributor but can lead and communicate well with cross-functional teams.
- You are an active problem solver and know how to find solutions.
- You take extreme ownership in all aspects of your work and share credit when credit is due.
- You can manage competing priorities and execute on agreed upon timelines.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and care deeply about the quality of excellence in our products, and for our clients, and will work hard to make sure they are taken care of.
- You’re a proactive thinker that is always looking for ways to enhance the current processes.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can effectively communicate professionally and personally to other development teams and their Managers.
- You want a tenured, meaningful career with Leads that lets you dig deep and plant roots.
- You are energized by the fact that we are a fast-growing, mission-driven, innovative, and acquisitive team – looking for other bright minds to make us and themselves better along the way.
This might be you if you have SOME of the following:
- 4-5 years of Data Analytics experience; preferably working with big data and are able to make complex analytical concepts look and sound simple to others.
- Have deep understanding of and the ability to execute statistical analysis techniques.
- Proficiently using various analytical tools such as SQL, Python, Power BI, Tableau, Excel.
- Have a Bachelor’s of Science/Bachelors of Arts, preferably in a field relevant to analytics (statistics, information systems, industrial engineering, finance, business, math, etc.).
- Masters/Advanced degree in data/analytical field preferred.
- Strong individual contributor that can work cross-functionally with various department stakeholders.
What we offer
What you can expect from us:
We serve with energy, diligence, and persistence. We deeply believe the work we do makes a difference in the lives of our users, the communities they protect, and the victims they serve. We won’t stop pushing to make our products do more and to make each other better. You will have access to technical and soft skill training through sites like Pluralsight and RightNow Media to grow your skills. If we don’t have it and you think you should learn it, just ask. Further, we take our work seriously. Ourselves, not as much. You’ll have fun here.
Employer Paid Benefits
- Medical insurance.
- Vision insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- 401(k) Safe Harbor match of 4% after 1 year of employment.
- Paid maternity leave.
- Paid paternity leave.
- Disability insurance.
- Flex schedule.
- Robust PTO package.
- $95,000 - $110,000 a year
- Company-wide Bonus Target 10%