February 22, 2024
About Our Company
ApolloMed is a leading physician-centric, technology-powered, risk-bearing healthcare company. Leveraging its proprietary end-to-end technology solutions, ApolloMed operates an integrated healthcare delivery platform that enables providers to successfully participate in value-based care arrangements, thus empowering them to deliver high quality care to patients in a cost-effective manner.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Analyst – Medical Economics. This role will report to the Senior Manager – Decision Support Services and enable us to continue to scale in the healthcare industry. This is a hybrid role where the expectation is to work both in office and at home on a weekly basis.
What You'll Do:
- Mine data to discover key analytical insights for decision support, with a focus on evaluating & improving financial and operational performance on our health plan, institutional, and provider contracts
- Build deal models for health plan, institutional, and provider contract negotiations, including Medicare Advantage, Commercial Risk, Medi-Cal, and Fee-for-Service
- Identify cost-of-care savings opportunities by analyzing physician authorizing/billing patterns in relation to hospital admissions, emergency room visits, office visits, referral practices, and specialty care procedures and provide suggestions for vendor contract changes that can result in cost savings
- Use data tools (e.g. SQL, Excel) for tracking, analyzing, forecasting and reporting on payors & hospitals’ financial impact
- Identify, develop, and document audit findings to present to key stakeholders
- Help develop proprietary analytics infrastructure, including various reports and dashboards, supporting our institutional and payor financial performance
- Complete a variety of strategic adhoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field such as finance, statistics, economics, math or engineering is preferred; Master’s degree (MBA, MHA, MPH) is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience full-time in managed care or healthcare data analytics field; Health Plan or Provider Group experience preferred
- Prior experience in an analytical/reporting role developing financial and operational models
- Working knowledge of healthcare pricing and reimbursement methodologies for Medicare, Medicaid/Medi-Cal (CPT/HCPCS, DRG, etc.)
- Basic understanding of healthcare policy trends (e.g. value based care)
- Proficiency in Excel (e.g. pivot tables, data manipulation), PowerPoint, and Word required
- Proficiency with SQL or similar relational databases is required
You're great for this role if:
- Prior experience in project management and/or process improvement (current state analysis) (Preferred)
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to develop new reporting and insights using complex data environments
- Strong oral and written communication; ability to communicate effectively across various levels & functions within the organization
- Ability to process and analyze data to tell an accurate story via data visualizations, dashboards, and reports
- Ability to handle concurrent projects
- Challenging the status quo to improve existing reporting, tool, and processes
- Low-ego, collaborative disposition, and ability to build trust by following-through
- Desire to learn & develop a robust knowledge base and skillset in a fast-paced environment
What we offer
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Our organization follows a hybrid work structure where the expectation is to work both in office and at home on a weekly basis. The office is located at 1668 S. Garfield Avenue, 2nd Floor, Alhambra, CA 91801.
- The target pay range for this role is: $75,000.00 - $110,000.00 This salary range represents our national target range for this role.