February 26, 2024
About Our Company
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Evidera’s Patient-Centered Research (PCR) group combines an outstanding portfolio of scientific fields including psychometrics, implementation science, health sciences and psychology. Our dedicated team encompasses individuals with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a passion for quantitative research. Within PCR, our Implementation Science (IS) Pillar studies the methods used to promote the integration of research findings and evidence into healthcare policy and practice. In the context of pharmaceutical development and real-world clinical care, IS and evidence-based practices include, for example, new therapeutic regimens, clinical care and/or diagnostic support tools, or digital healthcare innovations. IS research involves employing a range of different study designs, including hybrid implementation-effectiveness trials in which IS outcomes can be primary, secondary or exploratory, and analyses can involve mixed models with random effects.
Discover Impactful Work:
The Lead Data Analyst is expected to be a subject matter expert in the field of statistical programming and analysis with expertise in methods used in epidemiology, statistics, implementation science, health economics, or health services research. Preferred experience includes data analysis using observational data sources, randomized clinical trial data and/or hybrid implementation-effectiveness trials. We primarily use SAS software (e.g., SAS Base, SAS Stat, SAS Macro). Working experience in Python, STATA or R is also preferred but not required and training can be arranged if needed.
A day in the Life:
- Serves as a lead programmer or analytical project lead on large hybrid implementation science projects. May also be requested to work on a variety of other PCR service offerings as well.
- Experience with implementation science methodologies and analyses are strongly desired including knowledge of cluster-randomized trials, categorical data analysis; and mixed-effects modeling.
- Collaborates with principal investigator and project manager on decision-making to refine the analyses and interpretation of findings.
- Co-authors articles for scientific publication or abstracts and presentations for scientific meetings when the opportunity arises.
- Documents and files programs according to predetermined filing structures, such as eTMF.
- Able to demonstrate ability to generate formatted deliverable ready tables (i.e., Proc REPORT).
- May support the PCR team by representing the company at industry conferences, presenting/teaching at department meetings, assisting in establishing training materials, contributing to other general department documents or policies, and contributing to process improvement and department initiatives.
- Master's degree in biostatistics or statistics (preferred) or related field with minimum 8 years’ experience or PhD with 4-6 years’ experience
- Experienced programming skills in SAS including SAS Stat/Graph/Macro and other. statistical packages such as R, Python, STATA
Personal Skills & Competencies:
- Works collaboratively and efficiently within the team and across the organization to consistently deliver high-quality results to accomplish company goals.
- Proven ability to communicate and document information effectively in written English, including the ability to produce reports, documents, emails, and other written pieces as required in the role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to quickly develop and sustain positive rapport with internal and external contacts.
- Strong organizational, time-management, prioritization, and decision-making skills necessary to evaluate, plan and accomplish multiple work goals in a timely fashion.
What we offer
The salary range estimated for this position is $ 150,000- $ 185,000. This position will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and/or individual performance results in accordance with company policy. Actual compensation will be confirmed in writing at the time of the offer.
We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package that our US colleagues and their families can count on, which generally includes:
- A choice of national medical and dental plans, and a national vision plan
- A wellness program, and valuable health incentive opportunities for company contributions to a Health Reimbursement Account (HRAs) or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Tax-advantaged savings and spending accounts and commuter benefits
- Employee assistance program
- At least 120 hours paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays annually, paid parental leave (3 weeks for bonding and 8 weeks for caregiver leave), accident and life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and volunteer time off in accordance with company policy
- Retirement and savings programs, such as our competitive 401(k) U.S. retirement savings plan