December 2, 2023
About Our Company
EDF Renewables North America is a market leading independent power producer and service provider with 35+ years of expertise in renewable energy. The Company delivers grid-scale power: wind (onshore and offshore), solar photovoltaic, and storage projects; distribution-scale power: solar and storage; asset optimization: technical, operational, and commercial expertise to maximize performance of generating projects, and onsite solutions, through the Company’s PowerFlex subsidiary, offering a full suite of onsite energy solutions for commercial and industrial customers: solar, storage, EV charging, energy management systems, and microgrids. EDF Renewables’ North American portfolio consists of 24 GW of developed projects and 13 GW under service contracts. EDF Renewables North America is a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, the dedicated renewable energy affiliate of the EDF Group.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Portfolio & Project Management Team at EDF Renewables is seeking a dynamic and self-driven individual to ( i ) conduct detailed dat a analysis (2) map & develop standardize d and automated processes, and (3) envision, create, and deploy digital tools to support all aspects of pricing Utility-Scale Solar PV, Energy Storage and Wind projects . T he primary strategic focus is to accomplish such goals while maintaining adaptab ility to changes in the market & cost trends . The Senior Data Analyst will mainly provide data solutions and tools to help solve the current 2 main problem s within the Portfolio Management Team :
- Move away from static & excel based tools to leverage database and limit unnecessary data entry.
- Map & a utomate p ricing w orkflow and promote good practices in data flow .
Applications and database development and maintenance
- Develop Pricing software , data structure , and analytics around the Pricing inputs gathering processes to reduce time spent on this manual effort and move way from Excel bases pricing inputs .
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize Pricing input gathering, statistical efficiency , transparency, and quality .
- Coordinate with various internal cross-functional teams to design the proper Pricing interface, touch points, and inputs for the Pricing software (to be developer) . Design the workflow and system data architecture.
- Maintain centralized database s of historical projects costs and allow c ost intelligence – eg create and allow a feedback loop from real project (Capex & COD) vs Current early stage model assumptions and inform changes to the default assumptions to be more in-line with real projects.
Data analytics and reporting
- Identify , analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex datasets .
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs .
- Facilitates effective communication and coordination with different groups such as Development, Transmission, Origination & Power Marketing, Resource Assessment Group, Product Management, Strategic Procurement, Pre- Construction , Portfolio Management, E ngineering, Asset Optimization, Project Management and Valuations & Analytics (V&A ) to produce :
- P roject inputs for pricing by V&A group in the most efficient manner ( objective to reduce the turnaround between a request and the deliverable)
- Maintain all developed solutions/Dashboard etc and coordinate with IT that any new solutions fits /can be integrated effectively into the enterprise systems.
- Dashboard published to be the single source of truth needed for project costs and portfolio level view on key elements such as Project Status (Stage Gates, Offtake, etc ), Schedules, Procurement & tax credit strategy, & cashflow and Commitments schedul e with the goal of providing transparency and visibility to portfolio, reduce individual department tracking/spreadsheets, increase data driven decision making at the Organization level.
- Develop solution to automatically compare project status from one point in time to another (between different Stage Gates, or better a particular Stage Gate and Estimate at Completion (EAC)) including IRR walks and key drivers associated with changes.
Other duties as assigned .
- Analytical and problem-solving skills for business outcomes
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Data Visualization :
- Proficient with tools and reporting packages including Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Power BI, MySQL, and ETL tools (Tableau Prep).
- Experience in advanced LOD (Level of Detail) calculations, custom data visualizations, data cleaning and restructuring.
- Programming skills :
- Advanced knowledge of a scripting language with a preference for Python to develop front- and backend solutions. Experience with the following Python package (or similar) would help:
- Analysis – Pandas, Numpy , Scikit
- UI – Streamlit , Dash, Plotly
- API – Flask, FastAPI , requests
- Extensive experience in SQL series .
- Familiarity with SCRUM & Agile development practices and concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Minimum seven ( 7 ) years of experience in data analysis .
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering , Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics o r related quantitative discipline is strongly preferred .
- Self-driven person, autonomous with great communication skills; capable of explaining complex concept to Management .
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business analyst .
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques .
- Practical knowledge of data in various forms such as data warehouses, SQL , and unstructured data environments .
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets .
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies, software design patterns, network design and architecture .
- Ability to understand complex data processes and evaluate opportunities for efficiencies and streamlining.
- Excellent teamwork with the ability to work in a very dynamic environment.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with good time management.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with the mindset of taking a holistic cross-functional approach.
90 % of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. Up to 10 % of time can be spent travelling and visiting other EDFR offices to meet internal stakeholders / customers if required .
What we offer
This role’s annual base salary range is between $79,050 and $131,750.
In addition, EDF Renewables offers best-in-class employment incentives, including.
- Competitive Bonus incentives: This position is eligible for our annual bonus program
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: EDF Renewables USA provides low-cost health & wellness premium coverage for employees and their eligible dependents
- Rewarding 401k Package: EDF Renewables provides a generous contribution with immediate vesting
We Are Also Proud To Offer
- Favorable time off programs, including paid parental leave
- Rewarding Learning & Development Opportunities
- Supportive Mentorship & Buddy Programs
Be a part of an innovative and collaborative team environment that fosters our goal of Delivering renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.