EmblemHealth is one of America’s largest not-for-profit health insurers, serving more than three million people in the New York tristate area. With an 80-year legacy of serving New York communities, EmblemHealth offers a full range of commercial and government-sponsored health plans to employers, individuals, and families.
We started back in the 1930s, at the height of the Great Depression. Out of hard times, the idea of health insurance was born — a system that would protect everyday people from financial misfortune if they had an accident or illness. Two companies from those early days of health insurance, Group Health Incorporated (GHI) and Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP), would later merge and become EmblemHealth. And after 80 years, our purpose as a not-for-profit is still the same — to provide quality, affordable health insurance for New Yorkers and their families.
The EmblemHealth family of companies provides insurance plans, primary and specialty care, and wellness solutions. The family of companies covers the whole health journey, starting with affordable coverage through EmblemHealth, and ConnectiCare, a leading health plan in Connecticut. The family of companies also includes medicinal practices AdvantageCare Physicians and BronxDocs, occupational health clinic EmblemHealth Health@Work, EmblemHealth Family Dental, and WellSpark Health, a barrier-breaking digital wellness company.
As a family of companies with deep community roots, EmblemHealth Neighborhood Care and ConnectiCare Centers offer free wellness and community resources. Together, the family of companies creates healthier futures for customers and communities.
We think of ourselves as an 80-year-old start-up — big enough to offer the stability and benefits of a major corporation, with a ferocious commitment to innovation, collaboration, and flexibility. We believe in what we’re doing. And we’re looking for passionate people to join us.
Summary Of Position
- Manage portfolio of developed and scheduled reports for Claims, FRU, G&A, Provider and UM Data.
- Interface with internal operations / external departmental customers to define requirements of analyses and reports.
- Transform requirements into actionable, high-quality deliverables.
- Perform periodic and ad-hoc operations data analysis to measure performance and conduct root cause analysis for Claims, FRU, G&A, Provider and UM data.
- Compile, analyze and provide reporting that identifies and defines actionable information or recommends possible solutions for corrective actions.
- Partner with other Operations areas as needed to provide technical and other support in the development, delivery, maintenance, and enhancement of analytical reports and analyses.
- Collaborate with Operations Tower Leaders in identifying and recommending operational performance metrics; map metrics against targets and the company’s operational plans and tactical/strategic goals to ensure alignment and focus.
- Serve as a liaison with peers in other departments to ensure data integrity.
- Code and schedule reports using customer business requirements from Claims, FRU, G&A, Provider and UM data.
- Conduct operational data analyses to identify root causes; develop actionable information (recommendations, conclusions, and possible solutions); produce reports to evaluate operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Prepare dashboards and other management reports, soliciting information from business teams and serve as liaison for their submissions; ensure quality control; provide oversight to staff when necessary.
- Identify and collect internal historical data; research and collect external benchmark data; devise more efficient and accurate approaches to vet and prepare metric reports; use sound reasoning and judgment for identifying and applying appropriate analytical approach.
- Recommend and implement accuracy, efficiency, and productivity enhancements.
- Maintain documentation library to promote efficient knowledge transfer of data collection strategies and data quality protocols.
- Work with other areas as needed to ensure recommended solutions meet business requirements.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous team-based projects along with other individually assigned projects.
- Provide support in developing & expanding the scope of dashboards and other management reports for distribution to middle and upper management; organize and maintain report methodology documentation.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders as needed to support overall EmblemHealth objectives.
- Perform other related tasks/projects as directed or required.
Education, Training, Licenses, Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Data Management, or other related quantitative analysis field of study required
Relevant Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- 4 – 6+ years of relevant work experience including Data Analysis and reporting required
- Business Intelligence Experience – Cognos or Tableau; proficiency with SAS required
- Project management experience preferred
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.) required
- Experience working with large volumes of data required
- Energy, drive and passion for End-to-End excellence and customer experience improvement required
- Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to influence management decisions required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills that be applied across all types of business problems required
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal, facilitation) with all audiences required